Cirque d’Hiver Bouglione
Located on the main boulevard between Place de la Bastille and Place de la République, the Cirque d’Hiver is instantly recognizable thanks to its distinctive polygon architecture. It was opened in 1852 by Napoleon III, and was initially used for equestrian shows before opening up to other performance arts. In 1934, it was bought by the Bouglione family, whose shows brought the venue fame at home and abroad. Today, the Cirque d’Hiver is considered the oldest permanent circus in the world.
Designated an historical monument in 1975, the Cirque d’Hiver can accommodate up to 1,650 spectators. People of all ages are welcome!
- Line 5 Filles du Calvaire or Oberkampf
- Line 8 Filles du Calvaire or Oberkampf
- Line 9 Filles du Calvaire or Oberkampf